Tuesday, October 23, 2012

NOT A POLITICAL POST

We have been getting so many political calls over here on Lanky Ridge. The phone rings several times every evening with one party/group/candidate vying for our vote. It's become a joke in our house.

We found out a few days ago that none of these people want to talk with a three-year-old. When the phone rings, Little D is the only one who gets excited, so we've been letting him answer. (Caller I.D. is great) A few days ago, he spent about 15 minutes talking to someone about his day. The conversation (one-sided) went something like this:

"I went to work today." (he calls day care his "work")
"It's dark outside. I can't play with my tractors outside now"
"Mama's at work, but she's on her way home now."
"I like talking to pretty girls."
"Are you coming to my house?"

And this just cracked us up. The Hubs and I decided it was probably the most interesting conversation that campaign worker had all day.

So in just a couple short weeks, we'll be done with all this campaign stuff. I'll be so glad. Then we can all complain about the winner and swear WE didn't vote for him

Over on  Rural Revolution, Patrice Lewis has some really good, thoughtful answers to some pressing questions about taxes and government. I thought it was truly worth sharing. She makes some really great points.

So join me in anxiously awaiting November 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment