Monday, August 19, 2013

A Few More Things

Here are a few more things that have been keeping me busy this summer:

  • My parents celebrated 50 years of marriage in June. My sisters and I hosted a beautiful gathering for them. We spent lots of time planning, shopping, decorating, preparing food and enjoying their special day. The Hubs made a delicious five-tier cake for the day.
  • Early in the summer, after Daughter S's graduation and just before Mother's Day, I treated my mom, my daughters and myself to a spa party. Two of my sisters and one of my nieces came along too. It was kind of a Mother's Day treat for all of us. We had so much fun! If you're looking for a place to get a pedicure or massage, you should check out The Spa of Buckingham.
  • My sister and I have been trading off teaching the pre-school Sunday School class at our church. That's almost a full-time job right there!
  • With the rest of my family, we hosted a farm tour and dinner for a group of young men staying at a state park in the area. These young men stayed for three weeks and worked at Holliday Lake State Park. They also enjoyed some of the recreational activities Central Virginia has to offer. They also got a look at some of the culture of our area, with the farm tour and other local attractions.
So I guess I've been even more busy that I thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment