Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Resolutions: Update


Here's an update on my 2013 Resolutions:

1.  Complete a 90-Day Overview of The Bible study. This will keep me busy until the end of March (if I stay on track). I've done lots of Bible studies in my time and one I particularly enjoyed was a read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year. I did complete that twice, so I have confidence I can do this one.
I'm right on track with this one. I will admit, the 90-day Overview is not going verse-by-verse. It skips over some stuff and sometimes I wish I was doing a complete, verse-by-verse study.

2.  Plant a garden with tomatoes, peppers, green beans, potatoes (white and sweet), zucchini, pumpkins, watermelons, cantaloupe, and a few herbs. And can 50 quarts of tomato sauce and/or spaghetti sauce. We haven't had a garden for a couple of years because of time (summer is very busy at work). So this will be just a "going back to what's familiar" to us. The Hubs has agreed to help with this. I need to find more canning jars to do this, so if you know of an inexpensive source, let me know. Purchasing new jars is always an option, but expensive.
It's really too early for this, we still have freezing temps and snow in the forecast. But I've been looking at seed catalogs. And the Hubs and I have been talking about what to plant and where to plant it.

3.  Get my concealed weapons permit and purchase a handgun. This is something The Hubs and I have been planning for some time, but just haven't done it. I'm hoping putting it on this list will give us the needed push to get it done. We have a good local place for the class and will be signing up for it soon.
I've purchased my handgun and practiced with it. I'm signed up for a concealed weapons class. 

4.  Visit my friend Kim in Pennsylvania. We haven't seen each other in over ten years! The Hubs and I were heading in that direction right after Christmas, but the flu hit and we came back home. This will probably happen in March or April. Easy!
Haven't nailed down a date for this, but I'm working on it. Schedules are tight.

5.  Two date nights a month with The Hubs. 2013 will see our nest completely empty (barring any unforeseen circumstances) and it's finally "our time"! I think this will be the easiest one.
So far, we've had one. And I think that means we're on track...maybe a teeny bit behind schedule.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment