Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Meeting Pioneer Woman

My sister BL and I went to meet The Pioneer Woman over the weekend. She was in Virginia Beach, so we loaded up BL's two daughters and drove the 3.5 hours to have our books signed.

 Here I am waiting to meet the Pioneer Woman

Once we arrived, I sent the Hubs a text message: "We are here. I had forgotten how much it is to travel with kids." His response: "LOL."
I've been enjoying The Pioneer Woman's website for a couple years now. I gave my dad her first cookbook as a Christmas gift two years ago. I thought he would enjoy the pictures, and he has. But what I didn't expect was that he would actually try some of her recipes. He makes the brisket on page 160 all the time. 

So BL and the girls and I waited in line to meet her. After about 2.5 hours, she arrived and began signing books. When it was our turn, we were all surprised at how much time she actually talked with us. She complimented my nieces on their cute matching skirts and said they were all ready for St. Paddy's Day (which they were). She talked to us the whole time she was signing our books. We had about seven total with my dad's and my three and BL's two and the newest cookbook for my mom. I had printed a picture of my grandmother and written up a brief story of her meeting my grandfather and how they married and she moved from Norfolk to the farm. They raised nine children there. I said she is another real pioneer woman and Ree agreed!

Here we all are with Ree "The Pioneer Woman"

It was so much fun, even if the girls were a little restless after a while. Everyone in line with us was nice too. There were people from Virginia Beach and also folks who traveled to see her (like us). 

If you get a chance you should check out her website. I think I'm in love with it!


1 comment: